Write For Us
Guest Post Topics
We’re currently accepting article submissions as well as recurring content submissions.
If you wish to submit a DIY project, full project details will be required including photos, materials, time it takes, and of course step-by-step instructions.
Please no round ups where you put together a list of various projects and link out to the project.
We accept DIY articles, how-to articles, tutorials, and videos pertaining to the following categories:
- DIY Home Decor
- DIY Outdoors
- DIY Health & Beauty
- DIY Cleaning
- DIY home improvement articles including how-to and informational tool articles.
Narrow Topics Only Please
Please do not pitch us or submit general topics. Instead, settle on a very specific topic or project so that you can cover it in-depth.
For example, don’t submit a “DIY Remodeling Tips” article. That’s far too broad. Instead, submit an article all about how to remodel a small bathroom. The more specific and detailed, the better.
How long should your article be?
At the very minimum, your article should be 1,000 words, but if more words are necessary to cover the topic thoroughly, then it can certainly be longer.
How many images should you provide?
We don’t have anything set in stone, but a high quality image of each project step and then one or two of the finished product is a good start.
One of the finished product images should have a portrait orientation so it can be used for Pinterest.
Please ensure you have the necessary copyright license to publish the images.
Quality is Paramount
Sadly, we reject far more articles than we end up publishing. If you submit an article to us, please ensure it’s excellent, unique, and that you have the license to publish all images provided to us.
It should be the best article on the Web for that topic. This is not a joke. It must be incredible.
Your article or tutorial must exhaustively cover the topic. If there are aspects missing from the coverage, we may reject the article.
Please use proper heading tags such as h2, h3, etc. The first heading should be h2. The sub-heading h3 and so on. The next main heading should be h2 again.
Whenever it makes sense, please use bullet lists.
2. References and outbound links
Where appropriate, reference everything with outbound links (dofollow). Also, whenever it’s helpful for readers, include links to external resources (outbound). We’re all about providing as much beneficial resources for our readers as possible.
Your article must be informational; not promotional. We’re fine with one dofollow links to your site in the content, but the article itself must be informational.
We’re all about giving credit where credit is due. After all, you’re not writing for us for charity. However, any dofollow links provided will only be permitted in the body of the article in a contextual manner that makes sense by linking to a very relevant piece of content that enhances the article for our readers. Byline links will be nofollow. If the content is promotional in any way, all links will be nofollow.
7. Link to other pages on DIYshareable.com: Please take the time to find related articles on my site and link to several of them in the content.
8. Video inclusion: If there is one or a few excellent videos on YouTube on the topic that enhances the article, please include the YouTube URL link in the article.
9. Link to your site: We recognize you’re not doing this for altruistic reasons. You can include one dofollow link in the content to a page on your site. Please link to a related, helpful article on your site and do so contextually so that it helps our readers.
10. Affiliate links: We may add our own affiliate links in your article if it makes sense. If you include your affiliate links, we will swap them out with ours.
11. Submission format: We have an article submission form. Contact us via the form below. We’ll discuss topics and once agree on a topic, we’ll direct you to the article submission form.
Please note we reserve the right to reject submissions. In the event we reject your submission, we’re happy to give you the opportunity to improve the article and resubmit it.
How to Pitch Your Topics
Kindly pitch your topic ideas via the form below (or email us editor[at]diyshareable.com). We’ll then be in contact via email and will take it from there .