We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Not any old spray paint will do when it comes to outdoor wood furniture. With all the types of spray paint out there, that’s something that can be easy to forget.
You can get mesmerized by the brand names and glossy colors. But it doesn’t change the fact that you need spray paint that sprays evenly and well on wood.
And spray paint that can endure outdoor elements without chipping or peeling.
You’re ready to spray paint your finished wood furniture. You’ve done everything with your hands and now you want to finish it up.
Well, we have the best spray paint for outdoor wood furniture in one article. We’re going to share with you our favorites and they’ll become your favorites too.
Rust-Oleum always has great products that every DIYer loves, including us. And this spray paint is up there with our favorites.
We love this unique “oil-rubbed bronze metallic” color and finish. The glossy metallic color looks as if it were there all along and the finish is just as natural.
It leaves your wood furniture with a smooth surface. The smooth surface is due to the oil-rubbed base in the formula.
This spray paint is durable. It’s corrosion-resistant and protects wood furniture from chipping. It also protects from nicks in the color. It’s even UV-resistant.
It dries within 30 minutes.
One can covers about 15 square feet.
- The colors aren’t as fade-resistant as they say. You will have to touch them up on and off over the years.
- Sometimes the spray nozzle on this spray paint can get stuck. You have to mess with it to get it to pop back up. We would rather use the original spray nozzle on the original spray paint can.
- Because of the stuck nozzle, the amount of paint sprayed can be inconsistent.
Krylon is one of our favorite spray paint brands. We always find what we need with Krylon, including the right color.
The smooth finish from this deep gray spray paint is perfect. You don’t have to prime before you apply this spray paint because it includes the primer.
The formula is moisture-resistant. It’s also super durable and isn’t going to peel or chip without warning.
It has one of the easiest spray nozzles to use. It’s an EZ-Touch 360 spray nozzle. We’ve had zero issues with it.
Since it’s a 360 nozzle, you can spray at any angle and get great coverage.
And it gives you the widest spray you’ve ever seen in an aerosol can. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the paint running or dripping.
You can buy this spray paint at an affordable price.
One of these cans covers about 25 square feet.
This dries faster than every other spray paint on this list. It dries in a quick 10 minutes.
- The odor of this spray paint is strong and overwhelming if you’re in a closed space.
- It’s almost too shiny. Before you use this, make sure you’re looking for a strong glossy look.
Krylon has a wide range of colors. And Krylon delivers with this satin pink blush color. But this isn’t the only color they have that stands out and looks great on wood furniture.
There’s no sanding or priming required before you use this spray paint. The primer is included in the formula.
And the formula is fade-resistant. This paint is going to stay despite sitting in the sun all day long.
They have a spray nozzle that’s different from other spray nozzles. The spray button will get paint in at any angle without a struggle.
The spray nozzle is also easy and comfortable to use. Your hand won’t cramp up if you have a piece of wood furniture to cover.
It dries in only 25 minutes.
- Bigger pieces of outdoor wood furniture can take 24 hours to dry instead of the advertised 25 minutes.
- For the color “rose gold”, there seems to be a discrepancy between the color advertised and the actual color. DIYers have found that it’s more of a metallic brown.
- This specific Kylon spray paint is on the pricier side.
This is another great spray paint product from Rust-Oleum.
This spray paint resists chipping and has long-lasting protection. Better yet, it has low odor. We all know the odor from a spray paint can be strong and uncomfortable.
It’s not only a glossy white paint finish but it has the primer too. So, you don’t have to prime your outdoor wood furniture before you spray paint. This spray paint does it all.
The formula dries fast so you don’t have to put your furniture up so it doesn’t get ruined. It dries in a mere 20 minutes.
And the application is easy as 1,2,3.
An entire spray paint can covers 12 square feet.
- You have to go over and over the wood furniture. The initial coat isn’t very thick. You’re going to need a few paint cans for your furniture project.
- Be careful while spraying this paint because it’s easy to lump and clump up.
- Some DIYers have had issues with the nozzle clogging up.
Spray painting your finished outdoor wood furniture doesn’t have to be so hard. Once you get over choosing what type of spray paint is perfect, the rest is the fun part.
Source of Featured Image: canva.com