We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Blackheads have been the bane of everyone’s existence since their teenage years. They make you feel self conscious and it seems like no matter what you do, you can never get rid of them.
Blackheads are caused by clogged hair follicles. Basically, if you sweat you’re going to consistently get blackheads.
Isn’t that grand?
Don’t worry though, there is good news ahead. We’ve created 3 of the best face masks for blackheads just for you to easily whip up and use at home.
In no time at all, you’ll be on the road to clearer skin. These super easy masks will quickly restore skin, unclog pores, and banish those nasty little blackheads.
Best of all, these recipes use ingredients that are so easy to find, either you already have them in the kitchen or you can include them in your shopping list for your next trip to the local grocery store.
Most importantly these DIY blackhead removal masks are free of harsh chemicals. They use natural ingredients to help clear skin and eliminate blackheads.
These skin-friendly solutions will have you checking the mirror twice to make sure that’s really you looking back!
#1 Honey, Lemon, and Baking Soda DIY Blackhead Removal Mask
The three ingredient mask (Really!):
½ tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon lemon juice (One large lemon should be enough)
Other things you might need:
A small non-metallic bowl for mixing ingredients
A plastic or wooden teaspoon
Pro Tip: Metal reacts with acid which could lead to potential skin problems and irritations. It is best to avoid using metal with acidic ingredients.
1. Prepare your face. Rid skin of oil and dirt by washing your face with a gentle facial wash. Pat dry with a towel.
The most prone area for black heads tends to be the T-zone for most people. It’s made up of the forehead, nose, chin and the area around the mouth. The T-Zone has a high concentration of oil glands making it more prone to breakouts too.
2. Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix them together until they form a consistent paste. Gently cover your face with the mixture. Or you can just apply the mixture in areas where blackheads are found the most.
3. Leave mask on face for 2-5 minutes and rinse with cold water. Pat your face dry. Avoid rubbing your face with the towel or you will end up looking blotchy. Follow up with a moisturizer best suited for your skin type.
#2 Egg White DIY Peel Off Face Mask for Blackheads
We can almost guarantee that you won’t need to leave the house for the two basic ingredients used in this mask. In fact they might both be in your kitchen right now. Seriously!
For those on a budget, this mask is ideal because of it’s low cost and efficiency.
Things that you will need:
Some tissue paper
A small bowl
A makeup brush (optional)
1. Be sure to wash your face first and pat dry with a clean towel.
2.Crack the egg, separating the egg white from the yolk. Place the egg white in a bowl.
Pro Tip: Reserve the yolk for a future recipe. Yolks can easily be frozen inside ice cube trays and used for baking, breakfasts, etc. Bonus – you’ll look environmentally conscious too, not wasting the egg!
3. Whisk the egg white slightly – if you over whisk it will become extremely foamy and difficult to apply. Apply on your nose or other areas that are prone to developing blackheads. You want choose to apply to your entire face if you have multiple problem areas. If you’re squeamish about having egg white on your fingers feel free to use a clean makeup brush instead.
4. Cover the masked areas with tissue paper and wait for it to dry. It will take approximately 10-15 minutes to dry completely. You can use this time to clean up your station or catch up on that book you’ve been meaning to read! Avoid using the phone – it’s super hard to get egg white and tissue paper off your screen…..trust me!
5. Once the egg white is dry, carefully peel off the tissue. Rinse face with water and pat dry.
#3 Baking Soda and Milk DIY Blackhead Mask
If you cook or clean, chances are you already have the two ingredients needed for this blackhead banishing mask.
Things that you will need:
1 tablespoon baking soda
¼ cup milk
1. In a bowl, mix baking soda and milk. It should form a thick paste.
2. Be sure to wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Your face can stay wet. It won’t change the effectiveness of the mask.
3. Using your fingertips and following a circular motion, gently apply the mixture on your wet face, especially on the affected areas like your nose. Massage gently in a circular motion into nose, chin and forehead for 2-3 minutes and rinse off with warm water. You can do this 2 or 3 times per week.
What makes these masks work so well on your skin? It’s the properties of the natural ingredients in them. Milk and lemon contain acids that help exfoliate the skin.
By ridding the face of dead skin cells they open up pores and clear them of the dirt and oils trapped inside. Baking soda is used in combination with these ingredients because it neutralizes the acid.
Free of any harsh chemicals, it is the safest and most effective remedy for acne and other skin problems. Not only does it banish blackheads but you also avoid the redness and irritation those store bought remedies can bring on!
Meanwhile, honey isn’t just sweet to eat – it also contains natural antibacterial properties that can help treat and prevent skin problems such as blackheads. In addition, the egg white helps the skin with its astringent properties and then tightens it by shrinking pores.
I bet you had no idea your kitchen was full of so many skin boosting ingredients – and here you thought they were only good for cooking with!